One of the best things about a Chalet Holiday is coming back to your warm cosy Chalet after a day on the slopes and tucking into a freshly baked afternoon tea cake. Our guests are always asking for our recipes, so after much persuasion, our brilliant Resort Manager Tom let us in on his trade secrets and has allowed us to publish his recipes.
This week it’s a firm favourite… CHOCOLATE CAKE!
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 30 to 40 minutes
* 1 pot plain yoghurt
* 1 pot sugar
* 3 eggs
* ¾ pot vegetable oil
* 2 pots raising flour
* 1 pot cocoa powder
* 1 tsp raising agent
For the icing:
* 70g icing sugar, sifted
* 30g cocoa powder
* 3 tbsp warm water
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/Gas mark 4.
2. Brush a round cake tin with melted butter and dust with flour.
3. Place all ingredients in a large bowl & whisk, ensuring that the mixture is very smooth.
4. Spoon the mix into the prepared tin and bake for about 30-40 minutes in the oven.
5. Allow to cool slightly and then turn out onto a cooling rack.
6. For the icing place the coco and icing sugar add the water a little at time mixing until smooth then spread over the cake.
7. Dust with icing sugar or decorate like our fabulous Chalet Host Chloe from Chalet Chez Menor did for Christmas.