Dear Producers of The Jump,
My name is Jim and I wondered if I could could enter your competition next year? It looks like everyone has a great time and I think I would too.
I have some experience in snow sports, which I understand from watching your program isn’t essential but I thought I should let you know. I have done 5 winter ski seasons and feel that I am competent skier and snowboarder. I have also tried snowblading but it wasn’t very enjoyable. What I have in experience I lack in celebrity status, however, based on this years contestants I think we could be able to work something out.
Below I have compiled any links to fame that I have. I really hope that one of these might be enough for you to consider me as a contestant.
- I have met Tony Hart and he autographed a drawing of a duck that I had drawn in pastel. I think I was aged 6.
- I was reluctant to mention this but I have met Mr Bell on a few occasions, although I am sure he doesn’t remember and I would rather get in on my own merit rather than through association. Although if you were to push me for a few stand out memories of Graham then I would probably say that the two that stand out would be the time I shared a taxi with him on halloween, I was wearing a childrens skeleton outfit, aged 4-5 years, I was 28. I also have had the privilege to commentate on Graham’s record breaking ride on the rodeo bull at the London Ski Show.
- My dad claims to have had a pint with Chas and Dave.
- When on a ski trip to Les Arcs I witnessed Clare Balding play pool.
- During my time as a recruitment consultant for Natives.co.uk I employed a person to work in Richard Branson’s ski chalet. She subsequently went on to accidently see him naked.
- Dermot O’leary has been given my autograph. Admittedly he didn’t ask for it but I gave it to him anyway. I was quite young and a bit drunk.
- Previous television experience. Appeared on BBC Spotlight for a feature on math in Devon schools.
- I have been to the recording of a couple of television and radio show that have famouse people in them and I have also been to the theater to see plays with famous people in.
- I have served the Mayor of Warwick a pint.
- There are a few people that I went to school with and have since lost touch who work in the media. Would that help? I think one person may even work at Channel 4.
- I am the author of the second most read The Jump live blog.
If you feel that there is scope for me to be picked as a contestant then please do not hesitate to contact me. I would happily work in exchange for accommodation, food and a lift pass.