51 things to do until your next ski holiday
1. Try wake boarding – It is like snowboarding!
2. Try grass skiing – It sounds rubbish, and probably is. There must be a reason you don’t get grass skiing resorts.
3. Try water skiing – It is like skiing but harder, wetter and even more expensive.
4. Go in-line skating – It might be similar to snow blading but you don’t admit to doing that either.
5. Head out to the Alps and go skiing on a Glacier – There are several to choose from and are open all year round like the Grand Motte in Tignes.
6. Go riding Down Under – There is plenty of skiing and boarding to be done in Australia or New Zealand.
7. Try a snow dome – You have 5 to choose from in the UK.
8. Dry slope skiing – Over 50 dry slopes in the UK, so there should be one near you.
9. Ride the Emirates – This is massive
waste of money cable car in central London.
10. Give mountain boarding a go – Don’t be fooled by the name this is mainly done on hills. It is the snowboard equivalent to grass skiing. Expect to sit down quiet a bit.
11. Go Surfing – The wet equivalent to mountain boarding an much, much cooler.
12. Sit on a chairlift – There are many located across the UK from the Isle of White to Scotland.
13. Nordic Walking – It’s like skiing without skis or snow. www.nordicwalking.co.uk
14. Watch Ski or Boarding Movies – There is a great selection on Netflix.
15. Go to a ski show – You will have to wait until October but there is one in Scotland, Manchester and London.
16. Recreate a chalet holiday at home – Click here for our handy guide.
17. Look up ski fails on YouTube – We have done it for you. Click for ski fails.
18. Get fit for your next ski holiday – Our friends at BayFitness have made a great video to help you.
19. Learn the Language – Unless you ski in Scotland, Canada or America the language is different so why not learn it.
20. Drink a half larger – Just like the Europeans do. Why not stick some peach syrup in it.
21. Book a ski holiday for next year – And that should probably be a ski holiday to Meribel or La Tania.
22. Go and see a covers band – This will be like every aprés ski session you have ever been to.
23. Hunt for snow in Scotland – You can find it even in the summer as it is always cold up there.
24. Make a snow globe – It looks pretty easy.
25. Subscribe to a ski magazine – Suggestions please.
26. Buy some new kit – Go and spend your cash in Snow and Rock or Ellis Brigham. You know you need a new jacket.
27. Bore someone with you ski stories – Someone will listen.
28. Wax & edge your skis or board – You can always get the hire shop to do it properly when you get to resort.
29. Draw a picture of your nearest hill and add some runs
3o. Read a book about skiing – I am going to read Maggie does Meribel.
31. Drool over winter photos on Facebook – Our Facebook page will be posting plenty.
32. Play Golf – Mainly because many ski resorts are golf courses.
33. Wear your ski jacket to the pub – Great way to do number 27.
34. Give skateboarding a go – Do this months before you have booked your ski holiday as you will need the time to heal.
35. Go on a Chalet Cookery Course – Learn the trick of the trade.
36. Think about buying a chalet in the Alps – Then realise you can only afford one 5 miles away from a ski resort you have never heard of and book a ski holiday instead.
37. Go Trampolining – We are not sure why but all the winter Olympians do it.
38. Have a fondue party
39. Make Croissants – How hard can it be?
40. Design a snow park – Send us your designs we would love to see them, maybe we could build it next winter.
41. Plan a back-country ski tour – That you will never go on.
42. Watch repeats of Ski Sunday – Dust of the VHS player.
43. Practice your journey to the airport – You can never be too prepared.
44. Knit a hat – It is trendy to have a hat that looks like you made it.
45. Pack – See 43.
46. Play snowboard games – SSX is good apparently.
47. Apply for a ski job – You can apply here.
48. Become a ski instructor – You can do courses at your nearest indoor or dry slope.
49. Become a cheese connoisseur – Just because cheese is great.
50. Run a marathon in ski boots – If you do it I will sponsor you.
51. Make your own list – The chances are that it will be better than this one.