Many of you are asking about our cancellation terms in light of the ongoing Covid-19 situation. We have standard cancellation terms included with all our holidays but we have now created a new-and-enhanced cancellation policy to give you greater peace of mind. We will also be Covid-19 Ready, so please take a look at precautions & protocols that will be in our chalets. If we are unable to provide you with a holiday due to Covid you can pick another trip or get a refund, please read the T & C’s further down the page.1. Your experience with us – Covid-19
In all instances we will be abiding by local and national restrictions and guidelines in relation to security and the prevention of the spread of COVID-19 set out in France. This may mean that sauna's and hot tubs in your accommodation may have access restricted or be closed at short notice.
We expect the ski lifts to operate as normal at the moment, albeit with your mask or snood covering your nose in the queues and cable cars, we all wear gloves anyway. However this is what we will be doing in our chalets and on our coaches in respect of Coronavirus.
We will be introducing the following sensible, effective but discrete protocols to allow you to enjoy your ski chalet holiday in a safe environment:
- Before coming to the airport or entering the chalet we will ask you to testify that you have not shown any Covid symptoms in the previous 14 days and we will give you a quick temperature check on arrival at the airport.
- Everyone will be expected to wear face coverings when travelling on our transfers in line with all local regulations. You’ll need to bring your own face covering. (This may change)
- Our staff will have a Covid check at the beginning of the season and are temperature checked when they enter the chalet every day. They will be isolated if they fail the temperature check and show additional Covid related symptoms.
- Staff will wear a mask in the chalet but not in the kitchen area, we therefore ask that our guests refrain from entering the kitchen area at any time.
- Rooms will be sanitised before arrival and serviced on departure only.
- Increased frequency of cleaning of all common areas and spas using the latest anti-viral techniques in all areas of the chalet.
- There’s a midweek room clean but you can choose not to have it if you prefer no-one goes into your room.
- We think that these measures will provide a good balance of safety and security whilst not imposing too much on our usual service and your enjoyment. They are also coherent with local regulations at the current time which might of course change between now and your holiday. We will always do our best to interpret the guidance in such a way that we minimise your inconvenience whilst protecting your health.
With these precautions in place we aim to minimise the threat of Coronavirus so you can still have a fantastic ski holiday with us.2.
2. Refund Guarantee
If we cannot provide the holiday
If things change and we have to cancel your holiday because of Coronavirus, you can move your holiday to another available date of equivalent value, or pay the difference to upgrade your trip. If for any reason you are not able to move your holiday, we’ll give you a refund. If you have booked through a travel agent then you will need to contact them direct to get a full refund.
We would highly recommend that you take out additional Coronavirus travel insurance. Many travel insurance policies will no longer cover you as standard if your holiday is disrupted due to Coronavirus, but there are new policies and add-ons appearing on the market that will. Look for ones which will cover you in the event of NHS Test & Trace disrupting your holiday plans.
Can I cancel?
If you’d like to cancel your booking, you’ll lose the deposit you’ve paid as our normal booking terms & conditions will apply. We’d suggest leaving your decision until closer to the date your holiday balance payment is due and we can discuss your options then if you’re still concerned.
3. Complete Financial Protection
Your holiday is fully protected though our ABTA bonding and ATOL membership. In the unlikely event of our insolvency, the Government in the form of the CAA or ABTA will refund all of your money.
4. Terms and Conditions – Deferred Holidays
In certain instances, when a refund is not available Alpine Action may choose to offer you a deferred holiday for different departure dates or season. The following terms and conditions apply to deferred holidays;
5. Terms and Conditions - Refund Credit Note
- Deferred Holidays are offered at Alpine Action's discretion and are not available for all bookings.
- The new holiday booking is confirmed at the current selling price and will be considered a new booking. Please remember that insurance is a condition of booking with Alpine Action. You are responsible as the group leader for making your group aware of this
- If the new holiday booked is more expensive than the original booking value, then the final balance will be due at the normal booking timescales.
- If the new holiday booked is less expensive than the notes value, then the outstanding credit will be retained against for use on future bookings (see Alpine Action Refund Credit Notes).
- Deferred Holidays are not eligible for cash refunds. If any holiday paid for by a Refund Credit Note is cancelled or amended reducing the price of the holiday below the value of the original booking this difference will be added to your Alpine Action Account Booking (or a new Account Booking will be created) for use on a future holiday. This note will contain an expiry date for the money on the account to be used.
If you have chosen the option of a Refund Credit Note with Alpine Action, you can be sure that your money is protected in exactly the same way as a holiday. In other words, in the event of our insolvency, you will receive a full refund from the Government in the form of the CAA for ATOL bonded (flight based) holidays, or ABTA for our non-flight based arrangements.
Taking a Refund Credit Note allows you time to decide what to do with your holiday arrangements. Your Refund Credit Note is evidence of the refund due (and the due date) and that it remains financially protected.
Please note the following in relation to your Refund Credit Note:
6. Where can I check for up-to-date travel and health information for France?
- Issuing of Alpine Action Refund Credit Notes is at Alpine Action discretion and will not be not available for all bookings.
- The value of the Refund Credit Note will be equal to the monies you have already actually paid for the protected travel arrangements i.e. the price of the holiday you originally booked with Alpine Action, less any part-refunds already given.
- The value of the Refund Credit Note will exclude any administration and/or cancellation fees applied to the original booking.
- ABTA/ATOL financial protection only applies to the monies detailed on the Refund Credit Note itself. Such protection does not cover any rebooking incentive.
- Such offers, once redeemed, will not form part of the protected value of the new booking.
- The date on your Refund Credit Note will be one which falls within a fourteen day period from which it became apparent that your original booking could not be provided.
- Please make sure that your Refund Credit Note contains your original booking reference which is also your ATOL certificate number (where applicable).
- IMPORTANT – please retain all previous booking documentation including your booking confirmation and ATOL certificate (where applicable).
- Your Refund Credit Note contains an expiry date. If you have not used your credit, or part thereof, for alternative arrangements by this date, you will be refunded in cash. This refund will be made by the same method as your original payment to us.
- If the holiday booked using the Alpine Action Refund Credit Note is more expensive than the note's value, then the final balance will be due in accordance with the normal booking payment timescales.
- If the holiday booked using the Alpine Action Refund Credit Note is less expensive than the note's value, then the outstanding credit will be retained for you against a future use. This money will also enjoy the same ABTA/ATOL protection as stated previously with the same expiry date as detailed on your Refund Credit Note.
- If any holiday paid for by a Refund Credit Note is cancelled or amended reducing the price of the holiday (including any administration or cancellation charge) to a sum below the value of the Refund Credit Note, the difference will be a kept for you for use on a future holiday. In this case, the Refund Credit Note expiry date will apply.
- The Refund Credit Note may be transferred to another passenger who was on the original affected holiday booking. We must have written consent from both passengers ("The old Lead" and "The new Lead") to this action taking place. The old lead passenger will then forfeit any claim to this Refund Credit Note or any compensation relating to this transfer.