Considering working a ski season?
Are you a plumber/carpenter or handyman with a passion for skiing?
Please read through all the information before applying.
Please read the following information before replying and submitting your application. It is important that you fully understand and can meet all our criteria for employment for this season, although Brexit made it difficult for us to employ UK Passport holders in France. We are able to offer the Work Permit which will enable you to get a Visa to work for 5 months. We also provide jobs for EU, AUS and NZL passport holders.
It's not hard to have a great time out in the Alps, but choosing the right company will make a huge difference to your season. Alpine Action is proud of its reputation for looking after our guests as well as all our staff. Alpine Action is a privately owned and company which has been providing catered chalet holidays in Meribel for 30 years
The company was originally started in 1993 because of a passion for skiing and is still run day to day by those same people. We offer a selection of Catered Chalets in the Resort of Meribel in The Three Valleys.
The driver/handyman is one of the most sort after jobs in Resort.
You will be directed and assisted by our Resort Management team in your duties, you will be expected to represent Alpine Action in resort to clients and suppliers in a professional manner. You should have a smart, professional appearance and presentable at all times, with a “can-do” attitude. You will need to be able to think on your feet in a wide range of situations. You will work as part of the team in Meribel Centre.
You'll need to be over 21 years and have a clean full license.
(MUST BE MALE DUE TO SHARED ACCOMMODATION)
You will need to be:
- You should be a confident driver and have worked in a trade.
- You'll need to be over 21 years and have a clean full license.
- Passionate about skiing/snowboarding/outdoor activities
- Confidently transport clients on shuttles to and from the slopes at the beginning and end of the day.
- Maintaining the properties in resort by performing daily visits and dealing with any repair/maintenance work required.
- The transportation of client luggage
- The distribution of wine and chalet linen, with assistance of recycling around resort.
- Snow clearance and hot-tub maintenance around the chalets.
Required in France for employment you will need:
- To have at least 15 months on your current UK passport.
- To have a bank account for Euro payments to be made into.
- To have complete availability for the role from the beginning of December 2023 until April 2024 without exception.
- To complete the Visa process if you have a UK passport - this is with Alpine Actions assistance.
- Working Holiday Visa - if you hold an Australian or New Zealand Passport - this is with Alpine Actions assistance.
- EU passport - nothing required.
How to apply?
When replying please ensure that have included the answers to these questions:
- What is your driving and working in a trade experience?
- Have you been on a chalet holiday before? - This is not a requirement.
- Please state your skiing or snowboarding experience - You do not need to be an expert at either, but you must have a passion.
To process your application to the next stage please send back:
What we offer in return..
- The answers to our questions above.
- Your CV
- A recent photo of you
..... Being part of a fantastic team, skiing almost every day for 5 months, your season accommodation, either within the chalet or an apartment, very competitive salary, meals when working, ski/board hire for the season. You will also get two days off a week.