Considering working a ski season as a couple?Please read the following information before submitting your application.
Are you a lively people with a passion for cooking and skiing?
Please read the following information before replying and submitting your application. It is important that you fully understand and can meet all our criteria for employment for this season, although Brexit made it difficult for us to employ UK Passport holders in France. We are able to offer the Work Permit which will enable you to get a Visa to work for 5 months. We also provide jobs for EU, AUS and NZL passport holders.
It's not hard to have a great time out in the Alps, but choosing the right company will make a huge difference to your season. Alpine Action is proud of its reputation for looking after our guests as well as all our staff. Alpine Action is a privately owned and company which has been providing catered chalet holidays in Meribel for 30 years
The company was originally started in 1993 because of a passion for skiing and is still run day to day by those same people.
We offer a selection of Catered Chalets in the Resort of Meribel in The Three Valleys.
As a Chalet Couple you will live and work with your partner to run a successful, welcoming chalet and provide a memorable holiday to all our clients. It is essential that at least one half of the couple have cooking qualifications, either professional cooking experience or be undertaking a chalet styled cookery course. You should both have previous hospitality industry experience, this is so you are confident in your role as Chalet hosts. The cuisine and service provided by you will include a breakfast; freshly prepared afternoon tea, children's high tea, canapés and a 3-course evening meal for 5 days a week.
You should be well presented with a flexible happy and "can-do" attitude.
You will need to be:
- A couple or two friends - please do not apply if you are a solo host
- Ideally over 21 years of age, or be able to demonstrate excellent customer service experience.
- Able to confidently cater for 5 days a week, so have cooking experience - or be taking a cookery course prior to the season.
- Passionate about skiing or snowboarding.
- An approachable and friendly nature is essential.
- You will need to create a warm, friendly ‘home from home’ environment in your chalet.
- Keep the chalet to a high standard of cleanliness. We do a mid-week room clean and towel change, communal areas will be maintained daily.
- As part of our overseas team, you will need to be flexible, adaptable, self-motivated and use your own initiative.
- You should have excellent communication skills coupled with the capacity of working under pressure.
Requirements to work in France:
- To have at least 15 months on your current UK passport.
- To have a bank account for Euro payments to be made into.
- To have complete availability for the role from the beginning of December 2023 until April 2024 without exception.
- To complete the Visa process if you have a UK passport - this is with Alpine Actions assistance.
- Working Holiday Visa - if you hold an Australian or New Zealand Passport - this is with Alpine Actions assistance.
- EU passport - nothing required.
How to apply?
When replying please ensure that have included the answers to these questions:
- What is your practical cooking experience?
- Do you hold a valid driving licence and are over 21 years?
- Have you been on a chalet holiday before? - This is not a requirement.
- Please state your skiing or snowboarding experience - You do not need to be an expert at either, but you must have a passion.
To process your application to the next stage please send back:
What do we offer in return?
- The answers to our questions above.
- Your CV
- Menu plan (6 days including vegetarian options).
- A recent photo of you
Your chance to ski for 5 months almost every day, to be part of a fantastic team, your season accommodation, a highly competitive salary, all your meals when working, ski/board hire for the season. You will also get two days off a week.