A to Z of Meribel
A is for Après Ski – One of France’s finest destinations for after skiing partying. Check out the Folie Douce and the mighty Ronnie for good times.
B is for British – Possible the most British resort you can go to. There are numerous British run bars and travel operators. You can even get a Full English if you get bored of the petit dejeuner. It was even founded by a Brit.
C is for Chalets – There are loads and loads of chalets in Meribel, which is one of the reasons that we have our chalets there.
D is for Dicks Tea Bar – If you like to drink and dance late into the night in a ski resort then you have probably been to Dicks. The name has no reflection on the sort of people that frequent the establishment.
E is for Ecureuil – One of our wonderful chalets that is located in Meribel Centre. The chalet comes complete with an outdoor hot tub as well as a sauna and steam room.
F is for Family – Meribel tries very hard to be a Family friendly resort and it succeeds very well. It has excellent areas for all ages to learn to ski. It also holds regular free family events and offers free skiing for the under fives.
G is for Golf – In the summer Meribel has a great high altitude golf course and remains a buzzing alpine village. It also has two crazy golf courses open at the same time.
H is for Huge – Meribel is part of the Three Valleys which is probably the biggest ski area in the world.
I is for Independent – Meribel has one of the biggest collection of independent chalet companies, just like us.
J is for Jagerbombs – More Jagerbombs are sold in Meribel than any other ski resort in France. This is a made up fact but is probably true.
K is for Knitted Beanie – If you aren’t wearing one then you aren’t cool.
L is for Long – The cable car from Brides Les Bain takes 25 minutes, this is a long time to spend on a cable car. You are better off staying in one of our chalets right in the centre.
M is for Moon Park – This is Méribel’s infamous freestyle park, there are jumps, rails and boardercross areas for all abilities. You can have a go or watch the experts practice their stuff.
N is for Nightlife – I know we have mentioned après and night clubs but one of the big attractions of Meribel is the great night life.
O is for Oligarch – Well, lack of them. Unlike neighboring Courchevel, Meribel has been left alone by the Russian billionaires. However, they do ski through from time to time.
P is for Patinoire – This is Meribel’s indoor ice rink that was built to host the 1992 Winter Olympic Ice Hockey Tournament. It is open every day from 5pm to 7pm for public skating and costs €7.5 per person
Q is for Queue – Meribel is often said to be full of lift queues especially in the centre. We can’t deny that it can get quite busy in Meribel, but the rumours are much worse than the reality.
R is for Red Runs – In Meribel there are 93 miles of piste, 30% of those runs are red. The other 70% is made up of 11% green, 12% black and 47% blue.
S is for Seasonnaire – It could be said that Meribel is the spiritual home of the British Seasonnaire. It is defiantly in the top three favourite resorts to do a season in.
T is for Train – Meribel is one of the few major resorts easily accessed by train from the UK. You can get the Eurostar direct to Moutier and from there it is only a 20 minute transfer to resort.
U is for Underground – That’s right Meribel has lots of underground parking. Which is great should you want to drive and then not have to dig your car out of all the snow at the end of the week.
V is for Vallon – Mont Vallon is Meribel’s highest ski area and opened 25 years ago.
W is for Women – This year Meribel is hosting a stage of Audi FIS Women’s Downhill World Cup.
X is for X-Games – How great would it be if the X-Games came to Meribel?
Y is for Youtube – Not been to Meribel? Then check out it’s awesomeness by having a look on Youtube. Click here for videos.
Z is for zzzz – All our chalets are so comfy and you will ski so hard that you will sleep like a chalet host on their day off.